This is the site for the Benifice of Holy Trinity and Christ Church Chesterfield
Regular services are held on a bi weekly basis at 9.30am on Sundays. See Activities
Building started in 1869 and the building was dedicated in 1970 by the Bishop of Lichfield
The Derbyshire Times and Chesterfield Herald of 24 September 1870 describes the building
The Church consists of a simple rectangle, 58 feet long by 21 feet wide, with apsidal east end, embracing nave and chancel under one roof, with the addition of a south porch and a vestry on the north side, as also a bell turret on the western gable. The roof is open timbered; the benches, pulpit, lectern and reading desk, are all of deal, stained and varnished. The church is well lighted on all sides, and the windows are glazed in quarries with cathedral tinted glass. It is also warmed by hot water, the apparatus being supplied by Messrs. Oliver and Co. The remainder of the works have been creditably executed by Messrs. Maw and Heathcote, from the designs and under the immediate superintendence of Mr. S Rollinson, at a cost of about £700. The site is the gift of the late J. Robinson, Esq.
The site behind the church holds war graves and many other graves including those of the deceased from the local Workhouse.
This area has been sympathetically developed as a wildlife garden without losing any of the dignity of a formal graveyard